Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
Here's a great opportunity to join a growing studio in the vibrant heart of Liverpool! You’ll be based in the city-centre, next to concert square, and in the middle of Liverpool’s main hotspot with lots of fantastic transportation links close-by. With the team's legacy including some all-time classic titles, they're already making an established name for themselves with their new venture.
This is a chance to get in at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction the studio takes. You will be responsible for authoring core game mechanics and making gameplay feel solid, robust, and satisfying.
You're likely to have a hand in a broad range of disciplines including; core player interaction, AI, animation state machines, UI, and physics (as well as having the responsibility for stitching everything together into a cohesive and polished whole).
You day-to-day will include:
- Prototype, implement, iterate, and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems
- Produce robust, efficient, clear, and maintainable code, while striving to reduce technical debt across the game
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on designs during initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists and other coders with regards to the systems you create and maintain
XP required to LEVEL UP!
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in C++
- Experience and knowledge of working with Unreal Engine
- Confidence working with 3D maths (vectors, matrices, linear algebra)
- General software engineering knowledge (OOP, design patterns, API development)
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time systems
- Capable of debugging issues in large and complex codebases
Interested in this role? Get in touch with me!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +44 (0)1709 834777