***Fully Remote Role***
Orbital, a fully remote sister studio of nDreams, is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join their development team as they embark on their mission to pioneer development in live service games for VR. This an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
Orbital will be building on the knowledge and expertise that nDreams have accumulated over the years in the VR space but have the speed and creative flexibility of a start-up, with the experience and backing of the team behind Fracked, Far Cry: Dive Into Insanity and the #1 selling and award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
Working closely with the founding members, you will initially be focused on prototyping immersive mechanics that form the heart of their upcoming project. You will have the opportunity to play an influential role in the forming of the game and contribute new ideas, making you an invaluable member of the team. As the project progresses, you will ensure the best mechanics scale and remain engaging.
As a Gameplay Programmer at Orbital, you will…
- Discover, design & build the fun in conjunction with the team
- Develop and iterate gameplay prototypes
- Grow the core gameplay into robust, production-ready code
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure our code is clean, organised, and easy to maintain
- Remain on top of the VR market and the latest gameplay innovations
- Mentor and support junior members of the team through code reviews and feedback
- Be prepared to contribute to other areas of the project when possible
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 1+ year of professional development in the industry, or 3+ years in other technology sectors
- A broad working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of C++ and understanding of how its used in game development
- Expertise in rapid prototyping and creative problem solving
- Strong maths and analytical skillset
- An understanding of the VR market and a philosophy of what makes a fun experience
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment and responsive to change in the face of uncertainty
Orbital offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, private health insurance, pension, share options, continually increasing annual holiday allocation, two duvet days plus a day off to celebrate your birthday. As you’d guess, they provide all the equipment you need to create amazing VR experiences.
If you want to be a part of the future of this cutting edge concept get in touch with Dave for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.