The construction and management simulation video game genre aka "tycoon games" is probably one of the most loved in the industry.
The masters of the genre, named one of the UK’s "Best Places to Work" by GamesIndustry.biz are looking to expand their team with experienced Gameplay Programmers to work on an as yet unannounced and secret project!
By joining the talented Gameplay Programming team you'll be focusing on creating rich and complex game mechanics supported by incredible content to create epic and memorable experiences.
You will work with the whole game team to bring together the design, code and assets, building a game experience players will love.
Your day to day tasks will include…
- Developing & refining game mechanics
- Building & supporting game systems, working with the COBRA engine & the wider programming team
- Sharing knowledge of game systems, and mentoring others in best practices for game development
The skills and XP you'll need include…
- Previous programming role on at least one commercially released game for console or PC
- Direct contribution to support and development of complex gameplay in at least one released game
- Strong programming skills using C++ in a large codebase
- Team programming experience working within a component-based game object/entity architecture
Extra skills you might have…
- Previous experience of a network, simulation or AI programming role on at least one commercially released game
- Advanced knowledge of Lua programming
- Familiarity with adding features post-release to games with active players
- Experienced full commercial game development life cycle from prototyping, through production to post-release support
- Cross-platform development experience including Xbox One or Playstation 4
Interested? Get in touch!
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)1709 834777