A truly awesome time to join an ever growing games company in Brighton. They're working with a seriously huge studio/publisher, on course to become the biggest AAA developer in the South East.
You'll be working on AAA titles, getting paid a great salary, and entitled to good bonuses. As a Gameplay Engineer you'll develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Experience developing for games, preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Experience developing for game consoles
- One or more shipped PC or console game titles
- Experience working on core gameplay systems and/or AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
You're going to want to get involved…ping me for more info. Jordan@aswift.com, 01709 834777 or 07507 605521!