Gameplay Network Programmer
Mediatonic – Various Locations
(London, Brighton, or Madrid)
Do you enjoy taking on the biggest creative and technical challenges you can get your hands on?
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across six locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators and major IPs, Mediatonic is the perfect place to grow your career!
They take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire, investing in technology that will keep them at the forefront of the industry.
In the coming years, they have plans to grow across all of their studios/locations. In order to achieve this, they are looking to hire a Network Programmer to join their London, Brighton, or Madrid-based studios, working on a brand new project.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve the following:
- Contribute expertise and assistance in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure for the studio
- Take ownership of project features in this area from start to finish, including prototyping, architecture, profiling, and maintenance
- Collaborate with thed server team on integration approaches
- Support junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results and perform well on mobile and console
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles, generating solutions to overcome the identified risks
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experience developing at least one real-time multiplayer game
- Good knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Strong maths skills and programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code, as well as best practices
- Understand performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers' code
- A strong passion for making games
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777