Game Systems Programmer
Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Do you have the skills to join them on their journey?
They’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin their games. Now they need your help to take this to the next level.
They are aiming to achieve Hollywood production quality in real time, so are engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation, and human simulation, that will intensify the player experience.
You'll be a key part of their team moving forward, and your role will include the following:
- Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels, from production use to player-facing code
- Maintaining and improving custom game flow logic systems
- Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
- Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability, and maintainability
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Strong experience in C++ and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile
- As comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
- An instinct for what level of engineering is needed, able to work efficiently at any level
- A genuine passion for games
- You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience shipping games on console or PC
- Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC
Interested in hearing more about this role?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777