Steel City Interactive – Sheffield, UK
Steel City Interactive are on the lookout for a Game Programmer to join their team in Sheffield, UK!
Do you want to work for an exciting game developer that’s redefining the way people play video games?
Do you want to work in a fun environment where you are able to express your creativity and passion for games?
You will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X and PC, taking ownership and responsibility for developing features, working with the wider team on planning and delivery.
Although they pride themselves on their technical excellence, they are a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing their collective skills, experiences, and storytelling to their innovative creative process.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working in cooperation with other programmers to implement and improve features within the game
- Offering technical solutions; innovating and improving the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools, and tool chain as a whole
- Improving existing game features based on design requests
- Troubleshooting complex problems as they arise and construct solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Writing technical design documents, for milestones and internal use
- Employing best practices for design, implementation, and data security
- Performing code reviews to ensure code quality
- Refactoring code to improve the design of existing code
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- A willingness to learn new technologies and improve as a programmer
- Familiarity with full game development life cycle
- Intuitive ability for problem-solving
- A specialisation in C#/C++, with knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Can-do attitude
- Great organizational and time management skillset
- Team player mentality
- A background in game engines including Unreal, Unity or Godot
- Willing to relocate
- At least 2 years of professional development as a game programmer
Bonus points if you have…
- Familiarity with the practical application of SQL databases
- Multiplayer game development background
- Console development expertise
Just some of the benefits of working with Steel City Interactive include…
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Sick Leave
- 23 Holidays plus stats (increases with service)
- Employee Discount Club
- Relocation benefit
- Dog friendly
If you are interested in applying for this role, please get in touch with Joe on email@example.com or +44 (0)1709 834 777.