TT Games – Knutsford, UK
TT games are looking for a Game Programmer to join their team! The Game Programming Team work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to create the gameplay code required to construct the game. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a Senior Programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through their code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. The project you will be on will be a major IP based LEGO game built in Unreal.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to create fun networked content for the game
- Working on the AI systems required to create fun networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI
- Writing fun, networked player mechanics
- Constructing reusable gameplay systems that will allow designers to populate the hubs with fun networked gameplay
- Creating GUI systems
- Implementing achievements, trophies, and rich presence
- Utilising C++ and the editor to achieve the above
- Making the game FUN!
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming gameplay and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good
- A passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluency in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills
- Strong 3D maths and physics skills
- Unreal development on at least one released game
- A degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject
- Capability for working on assigned tasks generally without direct supervision
- A natural ability to mentor Junior Programmers
- A varied portfolio; ideally a short 5 minute video showcasing your work
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind the studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Their work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working there is their fantastic people!
They aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits they’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. They also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.