YAGER Development – Berlin, DE
Are you tired of working on the same project day in and day out, or are you just looking for a change of pace? How does collaborating with a studio with 20+ years of industry experience, based in beautiful Berlin, sound? Would it help if I said they were working on an exciting AAA project?
As an independent studio, with a team of 90+ developers at their disposal, your new colleagues are working hard to bring their vision of gaming to life. They are experiencing a period of continued growth and are looking for someone just like you to join them on their journey.
You'll be leading a small team who are working on a cutting edge AAA first-person shooter. The title has plenty of exciting monsters to animate, a comedic narrative, and a unique art style.
YAGER are looking for a skilled Game Engineer to work on this self-published game. You will be responsible for supporting the team, ensuring that the coding is of the highest quality.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Implementing gameplay systems in a self-organising and interdisciplinary team
- Writing clear, maintainable, and fast code in adherence to internal standards
- Writing and maintaining technical design and software system documentation
- Recognising opportunities to improve games or general workflows and have the drive to put these changes into practise
Essential XP and skills required to succeed:
- Good knowledge of game engineering practices and techniques
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- 3+ years of programming experience with 3D games, having shipped at least one title on PC or console
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Console and multiplayer development
The studio will offer you in return:
- Relocation support and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Fresh fruit and vegetables daily
- Hot and cold drinks
- Monthly company events
- Fitness club membership
- In-house massages
- A supportive employer who want to help you evolve
- An extensive library of books and games to help you develop
Would you like to learn more about this opportunity?
Get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777