Game Engine Software Engineer
Snap Inc believe that reinventing the camera represents their greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions every day to Snap with friends and family, watch Stories or events from around the world and explore curated content from top publishers. Snap is widely recognised as the world's top platform for communication and storytelling, and now they're developing games!
Snap Inc's newly formed PlayCanvas tech team is based at Snap's central London offices and is responsible for developing a next-gen platform and the games to go with it. Being a newly formed and close-knit team you'll be in a start-up atmosphere but with the security that comes with the backing of a global giant.
As the new Engine Programmer you’ll be developing a world class engine run-time for creating incredible HTML5 games, and working closely with tools engineers to expose the features you develop to game developers. You will also optimise and maintain your codebase across a large spectrum of mobile hardware.
The essential skills & experience you'll need…
- Professional experience developing game engines & related tools
Ideally you'll also have some of the following…
- Expertise in real-time physics simulation (including how physical simulation interfaces with an animation runtime)
- Specialisation in real-time graphics, animation or physics
- Experience with content creation apps like 3ds Max, Maya or Blender
- Ability to architect accessible yet powerful engine APIs
- Deep understanding of game engine optimisation
- Strong understanding of 3D mathematics
If you're interested then contact Jordan on +44 (0)1709 83477 or by email at email@example.com