Game Director (Hybrid Options)
TT Games – Knutsford, UK
TT Games are looking for an experienced Game Director with a passion for creating fun, accessible Lego games for younger & family audiences. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IP's in entertainment, within a company that's a leader in this market.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind the studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
They are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join there AAA studio and to be part of everything they do, because they know it is the talent and dedication of their employees that has made 30 years of success possible.
In this role, you will be an inspiring and supportive leader with an open minded and collaborative mindset, excited to help the award-winning TT Games continue to succeed in the next chapter of its story!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working closely with the Head of Game, to whom you will report, helping to define the creative vision for the project and ensuring that vision is clearly communicated and carried through into the design and implementation of the game
- Leading the design team to deliver a high-quality game within the technical, time, resource, and budgetary constraints of the project, revising the scope and design of the game as necessary during development to meet these goals
- Ensuring that the game design is clearly communicated thought the development team and that the team have all the required design information to get the game completed on time and to quality
- Truly Understanding and empathising with the audience for the game, making sure the game is relevant to the target audience, and their feedback is incorporated into the game.
- Taking an active role in ongoing user research, adapting the game to address the issues discovered
- Maintaining game design documentation and ensuring it is up to date
- Planning and task allocation within the design team
- Being open minded, looking at new ways of working, responsive to feedback from all disciplines, and able to adapt to a changing market.
- Cultivating a culture of respect, open-mindedness, and cross-discipline collaboration within the design team
- Providing regular creative feedback and mentoring to design staff
- Designing team career plans, training, and appraisals, in liaison with studio design manager
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Credits on at least one project in Game Director or Design Director role on a AAA console game
- Excellent communication skillset
- Excellent time management and planning abilities
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrable dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Interested? Want to know more?
Please call Lawrie on 01709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org