Torn Banner – Toronto, CA
Torn Banner studios are on the lookout for a Game Designer to join their independent video game studio of around 60 developers based in Toronto, Canada! They've recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original, and love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As a game designer at Torn Banner, you will be responsible for the ownership of a varied range of game features, and see them through all stages of development – design, prototyping, implementation, and balancing. As designer, you are part of the nexus between creative project leadership and the wider team, and will be working directly with all departments of the team to communicate your features’ vision, to write and maintain feature documentation, and to drive implementation and iteration.
In your design work, you will be focusing on bringing together artistic creativity, style, and game feel, with scientific and technical substance, in order to forge engaging and robust game features for a modern multiplayer action game.
The skills and experiences you'll need…
- Relevant professional track record in Game Design
- Expertise in system design and content design, ideally in multiplayer action games
- A comprehensive understanding of multiplayer TPS/FPS games, and a passion for video games in general
- Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skillset
- Willingness to move to Toronto or authorised to work in Canada
Bonus points if you have…
- Shipped products on both PC and console platforms
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and UE4’s blueprint system
- A background developing AAA titles on multiple platform
Just some fo the benefits of working with Torn Banner include…
- Bonus Structure
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
If you're interested in applying for this role, or want to know more information, get in touch with Lawrie Brennan on 01709834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!