Game Art Tutor (Hybrid Working)
Escape Studios – London, UK
***Escape Studios offer hybrid working, though the successful candidate will need to be on site when required***
Escape Studios are seeking an experienced Game Artist to undertake the role of Game Art Tutor, teaching courses to Undergraduate, Postgraduate students, and from time to time professionals from diverse industries.
You'll ideally be a seasoned Game Artist who has released games and contributed towards the creation of interactive entertainment or real-time game related projects. Development time will also be given so you can learn their curriculum, deliver it ,and importantly contribute to its development. Escape Studios want tutors who are constantly looking and learning new things.
Their engine of choice is Unreal Engine 4 and software preferences include Maya,Substance Painter, Zbrush, Reality Capture and Photoshop amongst others. If you have used other engines or software they are still interested in seeing your work.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with the Head of Games and other members of staff to deliver fantastic game art classes and learning materials
- Delivering training courses to students in a classroom environment, online and when necessary, to individuals and professional customers on and off-site
- Providing one–to-one feedback, coaching, show-reel clinics and support to students with a range of backgrounds and abilities
- The ongoing research and development of course content and industry tools and techniques to ensure industry relevance of training
- Organising workloads to a schedule and work under pressure when required
- Cooperation with the Marketing, Sales and Recruitment teams to support and participate in promotional and business development activities.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Excellent communication abilities with a confidence in public speaking, as well as both face to face and online teaching
- Adept in explaining complex artistic and technical principles, translating in creating learning materials,
- Prior teaching background and a Degree or MA
- A comprehensive artistic skillset in making Game Art and an understanding of the latest pipelines and technical limitations
- In-depth comprehension of modelling, texturing, and implementation in-engine
- A comfortability briefing students on industry based projects and guiding them as individuals or in groups, providing formative feedback as well as summative reviews
- Credits on at least one shipped title or have worked in Realtime for VR or other Realtime environments
- Industry background in Games Art, creating environments and Props with a portfolio demonstrating stunning environments and lighting as well as textures and sculpts.
Bonus points if you have…
- Teaching experience and/or a willingness to undertake teaching training with eventual membership of the HEA
- Knowledge of concepts surrounding art direction and Style Guides
- Comfortability with stylistic approaches
- Experience with Blueprints and understanding of game engines
Some more information about this opportunity….
- The Degree Course has two terms but there will be various teaching initiatives in the summer
- The working day is 9 till 6, 5 days a week and actual Teaching contact hours are mostly 16 hours a week with the rest of the time taken up with various duties such as course development and, providing timely feedback and of course marking.
- There are generally 30 students in a class and the ages tend to be from 18 – 25
If you would like to apply for the above position, please get in touch with Joe on email@example.com or call 01709 834777