Full Stack Tool Developer
Supermassive Games – Guildford, United Kingdom
Supermassive Games are looking for an experienced Full Stack Tool Developer to help maintain and expand their suite of powerful, world-class in-house systems.
You will be building critical tools that will underpin development across all their games. You’ll also be involved in solving complex and technical challenges, as well as working with developers from all disciplines to understand and improve their workflows.
In other words, you’ll be playing a key role in developing their future games.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Some form of background building easy-to-use UIs, using HTML, WPF or a similar language
- Previous professional development working in team environment using source control
- A working understanding with complex systems, with a commitment to diving into unfamiliar code and learning new skills when necessary
- An instinct for what level of engineering is needed, with an ability to work efficiently at any level; sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea, others a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation
- Great Communication skills in order to be comfortable specifying a feature with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
Bonus points if you have…
- A varied professional background
- Knowledge of relational and document-orientated databases, multi-threading, Unreal editor, C++
- Other Languages – if you know C#, Python, Lua, that would also be useful
Personality-wise, you'll be…
- Great at communicating
- Practical and organised
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
Supermassive Games have customised Unreal Engine to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin their games – now they need your help to take this to the next level.
They're aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so they're engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role, get it touch for a confidential chat now!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777