Dovetail Games – Kent, UK
Dovetail Games are searching for an Executive producer to work with them on their Train Sim World games. You will have overall responsibility for their delivery, ensuring quality expectations are met while working with studio directors to make sure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
This role can be based in their river-front studio in Chatham, or remotely from anywhere in the UK (weekly visits to the office will be required post-covid).
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Establishing and maintaining a positive, safe, welcoming, and friendly atmosphere that drives your team to perform beyond their expectations
- Managing and being accountable for the train franchise at various stages of development, from concept to completion
- Organising and mentoring production staff
- Being the point of contact for the senior executive team regarding project related matters; quality, budget, product vision, alignment, and team morale
- Assisting in the studio's strategic long-term planning and hiring process
- Aiding in and driving portfolio planning in order to support the company’s business goals, including the simulation P&L’s to maintain project profitability
- Identifying resource requirements/expectations, tracking actual project spends versus planned spend, continuously assessing risk
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Shipped a minimum of 2 AAA titles in a lead or senior production role across full-project lifecycles
- Strong leadership and decision-making capabilities
- A specialisation in games, film, television or radio production
- A passion for trains and keen interest in simulation games would be beneficial
- Comfortable with delegation
- A good multitasking ability
- An organisational mentality
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A responsible, self-directed, can-do attitude and mind-set
- Critical and analytical skills with an ability to resolve complex issues
- Strong project management practices using industry standard software
- A working knowledge of SCRUM & Agile practices
- An ability to work effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Demonstrative strong fiscal and production sense, in managing both budget and quality expectations both within the team and to executive management
Dovetail are gaming enthusiasts and want to hear from people who share their passion for the industry. If you are a self-directed leader who is excited by the prospect of inspiring a dedicated production team, we'd would love to speak to you!
With industry leading work-life balance, regular social activities, and an array of fantastic benefits, Dovetail are a truly exceptional employer and a great place to continue your production career, and are top of the class when it comes to high-quality simulation titles for consoles. With huge, long-standing titles such as Train Simulator and Fishing SIM World, Dovetail are very successful in their corner of the market.
Dovetail are growing fast, developing games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
Want to learn more about this position?
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +441709 834777