Environment Artist (Remote Options)
Virtex VR – London, UK
Virtex VR are looking for an creative, self-motivated Environment Artist with a sincere passion for Esports to join their art team! Their studio is growing, so this role requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning. They would love it if you thrive in an environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big or small, is a critical part of the process. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to grow with the company and contribute to moulding its future!
As big fans of Esports, Virtex began to envision virtual stadiums and a 3D viewing experience a long time ago! With the Virtex Stadium application launching on PC and VR in 2021, They want to make that dream a reality by allowing Esports fans to view gameplay live in 3D, in the centre of a virtual stadium. Partnering with the wider Esports ecosystem (incl. publishers, leagues, teams), they are working towards building the virtual home of Esports.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Modelling, texturing, and lighting game-ready 3D environments using provided concept art or inspirational reference material
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to solve creative and design problems in VR
- Participating in and contributing to R&D; problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems
- Proactively keeping Leads and Directors informed of progress and developments
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 3+ years of professional development as an Environment Artist in game development
- Expertise in Blender and Substance Painter/Substance Designer/Photoshop or equivalent
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine, with sufficient knowledge of Blueprints and asset implementation
- A background in shader creation and good understanding of the PBR standard
- Comprehensive understanding of source control
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques
- A history with lighting a range of indoor and outdoor environments within Unreal Engine
Bonus points if you have…
- A passion for Esports, VR and live events
- Art Degree/ Architecture/ Interior Design background
- Experience optimising environments and assets for VR and mobile
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Experience with Version Control such as PlasticSCM
Just some of the benefits of working with Virtex VR include...
- The ability to work fully remotely (limited to UK and European time zones to facilitate collaboration)
- Relocation support to UK incl. budget if you are interested in moving to London and working from the studio/office
- Latest VR equipment for all team member.
- Stock Options depending on your previous experience
- Play Fund to support you exploring games and other social apps
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
Virtex VR are a registered UK Visa Sponsor.
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Liam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01709834777