Environment and Lighting Artist
nDreams – Farnborough, UK
Can you use light, colour, and form to guide players through beautiful game environments? We are searching for a talented Environment and Lighting Artist to construct amazing levels for nDreams' cutting edge VR titles. As their new artist, you will help create immersive and incredible worlds in virtual reality!
Based just outside of London, nDreams are an award-winning VR studio at the forefront of what is possible on the platform! Their new projects are pushing the boundaries of virtual reality development. This is a perfect chance for you to get involved!
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Use lighting, set dressing, atmosphere, and more to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite the player
- Be responsible for entire levels or sections of play
- Collaborate closely with level designers and other parts of team to ensure that final levels are strong across all aspects, being involved from grey boxing to full prop placement and dressing
- Stage and implement lighting and atmosphere for levels to deliver mood, tone, and draw the player through the 3D space
- Conceive and visualise the core concepts for in-game environments
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- At least one year of professional experience creating environments for video games
- A portfolio to show your skills
- Experience with real-time game engines such as Unreal Engine
- Extensive skills with 3D packages such as Maya
You'll receive the following in return:
- Flexible core hours
- Share options
- 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to 25 days max)
- Two duvet days
- A day off to celebrate your birthday
- Various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)
- A welcoming, open-plan office with great facilities (cycle station, showers, etc)
Does this sound exciting?
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777