Splash Damage – Kent, United Kingdom
Splash Damage are searching for an Engine Programmer to join their talent team in Kent, England. Specialising in crafting world famous multiplayer first person shooter games, thry’ve put their stap on the names of world-renowned IPs such as Wolfenstein, Doom, Gears of War and Halo to name a few.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, they are excited to be transitioning to the latest in UE5 technology and they are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help them drive this.
As an Engine Programmer, you will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features to a high level of quality and form part of the wider team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking and low-level systems programming.
With a constant focus on scalability, performance, and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to build state-of-the-art technology for both PC and Consoles.
You will also work in close collaboration with other disciplines to gather requirements and collectively develop solutions
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional development history
- Extensive computer science and maths background
- A track record in systems development for a shipped game on PS4 and/or Xbox One (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc)
- A specialisation in profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Excellent time management and the ability to self-organise
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
Even better if you have…
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development expertise
- Professional experience developing Games-as-a-Service titles
- A background utilising automated testing techniques
Just some of the benefits Splash Damage offer include…
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Private Medical and Dental cover for you and your family
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Profit share
- Flexible working
- 28 days leave (incl. Christmas shutdown)
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org