How does working on one of the most mysterious projects in gaming sound? from their minimalist website to the numerous rumours surrounding the project, this project has definitely got the gaming community’s heart beating.
As an Engine Programmer you will write and maintain the code that enables the game to run efficiently and should be able to deal with other disciplines to resolve problems and elicit requirements. The role should also have some understanding of best practice and at least one game engine sub-system, while seeking to learn more about innovations within the industry.
Day to day you'll…
- Deliver high quality and high-performance game engine sub-system features using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures and algorithms.
- Support other teams in the use of the engine and work closely with other teams to deliver features at the expected quality & performance.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
Sound interesting? You'll need…
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Professional videogame programming experience on at least 1 sub system of a game engine.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
Interested? Get in touch! – email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1709 834777.