Engine Programmer (All Levels)
Build a Rocket Boy – Budapest, HU
Build A Rocket Boy are looking for an Engine Programmer responsible for implementing functionality based on guidance and design provided by Senior Programmers. Are you looking to work for an amazing studio working a title that’s one of the biggest secrets in the industry right now?
As an Engine Programmer, you’ll be expected to write and maintain the code that enables the game to run efficiently and should be able to deal with other disciplines to resolve problems and elicit requirements. For this role, you should also have some understanding of best practice and at least one game engine sub-system, while seeking to learn more about innovations within the industry. The role reports to a Lead Engine Programmer.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Delivering high quality and high-performance game engine sub-system features using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures and algorithms
- Supporting other teams in the use of the engine and working closely with other teams to deliver features at the expected quality & performance
- Identifying and debugging technical problems
- Prioritising, planning and managing the time of assigned tasks with oversight
- Communicating clearly with other team members with minimal external help
- Being vigilant for and reporting new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director
- Requesting support from higher levels when required
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skillset
- Professional development in videogame programming on at least 1 sub system of a game engine
- Proficiency with algorithm and data structures (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures)
- Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multi-threading primitives with guidance.
- A capability of reading and understanding game code
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience
Interested in hearing more about this role or other opportunities?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777