Gameloft – Budapest, HU
Gameloft Budapest is looking for an Economy Designer that doesn’t just simply play mobile games but also understand the economic models behind them. In joining Gameloft, you'll be in working with a world class company in a fun and rewarding environment!
The 80-person studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 9 years, and their goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Some of Gameloft's titles include Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
As an Economy Designer at Gameloft, you will work in a small agile team of 2-3 brilliant and professional Game Designers where everybody’s inputs are valued, on world renowned IPs such as Marvel or Disney! You'll take ownership of how the game works as a service, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you'll design the virtual products, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you'll analyse the collected data and report the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model and why.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points
- Regularly providing user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analysing the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot monetisation bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Analytical and formal thinking with the ability to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Econometrics skillet with proficiency in modelling problems into quantitative systems, and drawing qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistical dexterity, formulating ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Marketing knowledge in selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Degree in Economics, Business Management or BA, preferably specialised in Marketing, Market Research or Strategic direction
- Fluency in written and spoken English, concise writing skills
- Mastery of Excel
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
Bonus points if you have skills or experience in…
- Econometrics / data mining
- UI prototyping tools such as Flash
- Community managing, marketing or product management
- Game, social, or gambling design
- SQL and/or Python
Just some of the benefits of working with Gameloft include…
- Fllexible work schedule
- Regular bonuses
- Additional day leave for your birthday
- Private health insurance plan, including free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
- Game Jams
- Coffee, tea and fruits
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
- Fitness pass
Interested? Want to know more?
Email email@example.com or call 01709834777 now!