Stellar Entertainment – Guildford, UK
Stellar Entertainment are searching for a Development Manager to be their master of planning, management and communications. They are responsible for working with developers to build and deliver truly exceptional game experiences that entertain and excite both teams and players.
Overseeing the agile development process and practice, you'll be responsible for ensuring teams are aligned and features are thoroughly planned, tracked and delivered to exceptional quality standards.
You will be a motivational mentor, keeping teams balanced, focussed, in control and fully collaborative in pursuit of creating great games.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working across feature development teams to lock down requirements and specifications and create solid backlog, sprint and milestone plans
- Tracking and implementing project improvement plans to drive team efficiency
- Providing regular status reporting and capacity plan updates, ensuring the correct burn-down analysis and forward projections for completion are always up to date
- Focusing on the immediate team; identifying team issues and suggesting solutions related to execution goals
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing management escalation, project prioritisation, making trade-offs and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
- Identifying task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Defining engagement practices and processes, ensuring all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff are trained in the expectations of the workflow
You'll also be responsible for…
- Mentoring individual contributors within the project team
- Managing a multi-disciplined development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Artists, and/ Designers across differing levels of seniority
- Crafting and evolving teams that consistently deliver results and meet their goals; keeping the team's performance consistent, their motivation high, and their morale higher
- Ensuring adequate equipment, tools and support are provided for team members
- Leading from the front and representing the project teams in forward planning discussions
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 4+ years' track record as a Development Manager or Lead Producer with at least 1 project shipped in a production leadership position
- Effective communication abilities both written and verbal, across all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrable project management skillset
- Profound critical thinking and problem-solving mentality
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and enjoy meeting new people
- Knowledge of production management tools & methodologies (Scrum / Agile, Hansoft, MS Project or Jira)
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- A dexterity in navigation negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution
- A great ability to think proactively and creatively to overcome technical challenges
- A strong team player and collaborator work ethic, with a passion for getting the best out of your team
Stellar Entertainment pride themselves on their ability to deliver high quality finishes on a variety of projects. They are due to start work on a very exciting unannounced title and are growing the team to accommodate for this! At Stellar Entertainment, you’ll be part of a fun and ambitious team who love making games!
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch with Jess at Aardvark Swift on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org