Firesprite, Liverpool or Remote
Firesprite are looking for a Development Director to assist with all aspects of planning and delivery on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
Firesprite was founded in 2012 with the goal of creating incredible games on cutting edge hardware. Led by a management team with over 100 years of collective experience in art, business, design and technical disciplines, they have expanded to a team of over 200 people, working across PC, Current and Next Generation Consoles.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Ownership of complete project delivery and budgets, including sprint and milestone planning and client/internal production plans, team shapes and SOWs
- Assisting the Game Director in project direction, scope and quality delivery
- Leading the Development Management team to ensure maintenance and accuracy of project schedules
- Running daily stand ups
- Reporting progress to the team, studio management, and external partners
- Identifying shortfalls in skills and manpower and assisting with the recruitment process
- Work with the Production team to ensure quality targets are maintained alongside timescales and budget
- Developing excellent relationships with Publishers and other external partners
- Cultivating a positive and energetic team culture
- Being the engine room of the team, the person who pulls everything together to make things happen
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An ability to plan in a long-term scale
- Expert knowledge of project management practices (Agile, Prince2 etc)
- A specialisation with industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- An aptitude for creating complete project plans and milestones, that give a reliable journey to the completion of the game
- Adept at strategising, taking into account changes and risk during the project whilst maintaining a credible plan
- Outstanding communication abilities
- A friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Proactive and entrepreneurial mentality
- An ability to work well under pressure and with people at all levels of the organisation
- Previous professional development in similar roles
Bonus points if you have..
- Knowledge of outsource planning
- Experience in AAA game cinematics production
- An understanding of Confluence for documentation
Just some of the benefits Firesprite offer include…
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counselling
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This role also offers an opportunity to help implement production processes across the studio.
Firesprite offer all employees the option to work from their office in Liverpool or fully remote from home.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jess Galvin on 01709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org