Core Tech Programmer (Remote Options)
Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
Firesprite are looking for a talented core tech programmer to join their studio as they embark upon a new and exciting phase in the company's timeline. How does making your mark on an original IP in an established studio sound? In this role, you'll do that and more, working on the cutting edge of game development and the latest hardware platforms. They've got ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond; there's never been a better time to join Firesprite!
As the new Core Tech Programmer, you'll form an integral part of their internal technology team and fulfil a varied role encompassing a whole range of disciplines from toolchain and build systems, tool development, low-level runtime library and game engine development, as well as direct project support.
As a core team member, you will be responsible for delivering cutting-edge technologies to support the game teams at Firesprite. You will be working closely with multiple game projects to make sure the teams have the best tools with which to realise their creative vision.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Implementing and maintaining both new and existing technologies
- Liaising with project teams to establish and track technology requirements
- Researching and developing of relevant new technologies
- Providing documentation and support to project teams
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A high-level fluency in C++
- Extensive knowledge of GPU architecture
- Dexterous in contemporary graphics techniques
- A history of using shaders in a professional capacity
- An expertise in API design / software engineering
- A proficiency with 3D vector maths
- CPU and GPU profiling experience
- A familiarity with toolchains and build systems
Some of the benefits of working with Firesprite include…
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
Based in central Liverpool, just around the corner from Concert Square, you'll never be too far away from things to do or see! You'll be in a cultural centre, in one of the most exciting development hubs in the country.
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Phil for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.