Core Tech Graphics Programmer (Remote Options)
Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
Aardvark Swift are proud to supporting Firesprite in their search for a Core Tech Graphics Programmer to join their team. Primarily focused on low-level rendering, graphics techniques, and optimisation, this varied role also involves toolchain and build systems, tool development, low level runtime library and game engine development, as well as direct project support.
Founded by industry veterans and based in Liverpool’s picturesque dockside (or from your own home in the UK). This is a world class studio with an amazingly collaborative working environment, working on their own IP’s as well as supporting co-development projects.
As a core team member, you will be responsible for delivering cutting edge technologies to support the game teams at Firesprite. You will be working closely with multiple game projects to make sure the teams have the best tools with which to realise their creative vision. Additionally, you will provide direct specialist support to projects.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Implementation and maintenance of both new and existing technologies
- Performance analysis and optimisation
- Liaison with project teams to establish, plan, and track technology requirements
- Research and development of relevant new technologies
- Providing documentation and support to project teams
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Proficiency in C++
- Comprehensive knowledge of GPU architecture and contemporary rendering APIs (e.g. DX12, PS5)
- An extensive understanding of contemporary graphics techniques
- CPU and GPU profiling experience (Pix, Razor, RenderDoc)
- Expertise with shaders
- Profound API design / software engineering skillset
- Strong 3D vector maths abilities
- Familiarity with toolchains and build systems
Bonus points if you have experience with console development and/or low-level Unreal 4.
Just some of the benefits of working with Firesprite include…
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
To find out more about the role, the studio, and their amazing culture, contact Paul for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777