Game Programmer (Contract)
Warp Digital are an independent game studio based in London and their close-knit team has been working together for 15 years and have covered all areas of game development, from working on their own IP to award-winning third-party titles for Nintendo and Sony.
Warp are proud to have provided high-quality console ports across 30+ titles as well as development support and co-development to some of the largest publishers and developers in the industry.
You will work closely with third party developers and other members of the team to port and optimise titles, as well as add new platform-specific functionality, whilst keeping the title true to the original!
What you'll be doing
- Developing and Converting program code between console platforms
- Implementing platform specific functionality and features
- Implementing platform specific code
- Optimising and maintaining existing code
- Liaising with other team members to schedule and complete tasks to a high quality
What they can offer
- Rolling contract at a competitive rate
- Flexible and fair working hours
- A friendly, focused and relaxed working environment
- Regular social events
- Fantastic central London based location, 5 minutes from Surrey Quays and 10 from Canada Water stations
- C, C++ and C#
- Unreal Engine 4 (C, C++ and Blueprints) and/or Unity3D (version 5 or above)
- Knowledge of optimisation tools and techniques
- Experience working with cross-platform codebases
- A good understanding of 3D Mathematics, as well as 2D/3D graphics and rendering techniques
- A minimum of 3 years commercial experience developing videogames on at least two videogame platforms (console or PC)
- A minimum of two shipped games (console or PC)
Sounds good? Let's talk!
Interested? Get in touch! – firstname.lastname@example.org / 44 (0) 01709 8347770