Concept Artist (Remote)
Plarium – Herzliya, Israel
***This role is fully remote and is available from anywhere in the world***
Plarium are now looking for a skilled and experienced Concept Artist due to continued success. Your technical and practical abilities will need to be well developed, and you’ll need to be able to grasp new concepts and programs quickly, as well as participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
If you have more than one year of in-house experience, we would be interested in chatting with you about this role as they are flexible on experience level, open to those at mid to senior.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating visual concepts for Characters and Environments
- Preparing model sheets for 3D department
- Rendering various assets of the game, such as: character and background elements, GUI elements, splash screens, textures, etc.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Strong illustration capabilities with a sound comprehension of human anatomy, volumes, weight, shape and silhouette
- A firm grasp of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- 3 years or more of experience in the gaming industry
- A specialisation in character design
- A proficiency in creative tools like Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Profound communication skills and passion to work and collaborate within a team
- A "Game developer first, artist second" mentality
You'll also need…
- An online portfolio demonstrating relevant skills
- A willingness to complete a test
Bonus points if you have…
- Expertise in Environment design and matte painting
- A familiarity with ZBrush
- Experience creating GUI elements
- A fluency in English
If you'd like to learn more information about this excellent role, or the studio in question, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com