We're working with a UK AAA studio with an exciting opportunity for a Combat Designer within their highly talented and experienced art department.
You will be joining the team at the beginning of a project developing an established AAA title for Consoles and PC platforms. If you have a passion for creating exceptional content and building the best game experiences possible, we need to have a chat!
- Fully understand the workings of all player combat and ability systems
- Create documentation with detailed feature specifications, and in-depth balancing spreadsheets
- Design and iterate game features and mechanics from concept to release
- Ensure game mechanics are fully realised and represented within the game world
- Work closely with other departments as part of workgroups to integrate and refine game features and associated content
- Good knowledge of modern melee game combat systems and techniques
- Strong knowledge of a visual design tool such as Unreal Editor
- Confidence using data tables and curves to hone the player experience
- Strong understanding of game design fundamentals
- Ability to evolve game designs and tune gameplay to meet the desired “feel” as directed by the Lead Game Designer and Design Director
- Strong analytical skills
- Previously shipped AAA titles
Sounds good? Call Sol for more info on 01709 834777 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org