Steel City Interactive – Sheffield, UK
Steel City Interactive are on the lookout for a Character Artist to join their talented team! Do you want to work for an exciting game developer that’s redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work in a fun environment where you are able to express your creativity and passion for games?
If you want to join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X and PC, then Steel City Interactive is the place for you!
You will take ownership and responsibility for developing features, work with the wider team on planning and delivery and share a passion for games. Steel City Interactive take pride on their technical excellence; they're a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing collective skills, experiences, and storytelling to their innovative creative process.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with the art team to produce highly detailed and realistic characters
- Working with 3D scanned models and prepare characters for rigging pipelines
- Creating highly accurate in-game representations of licensed athletes
- Modifying and enhance 3D scanned models
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A current portfolio of character-based work showing a specialist level of skill in character modelling, sculpting, texture and material work, pitching character work that demonstrates a high level of realism
- Comprehensive understanding of the human anatomy
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of 3D modelling, sculpting, and texturing
- An ability to confidently work with 3D scan data
- Excellent working knowledge of ZBrush and Maya
- A knack for workflow optimisation for game engines
- An up-to-date and thorough understanding of current game engine software and workflows
Bonus points if you have knowledge and experience in…
- Rigging or technical art
- Mocap clean-up
- Real time lighting and rendering
- 3D scanning or scan-based workflows
Interested in this role? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Simon Hope on 01709 834777 or email@example.com