Character Artist (18 to 24 Month Contract)
AAA Studio – Midlands, UK
***This is a contract role that can also be worked on a remote basis***
A secret AAA studio are looking for a talented and experienced Character artist to help create characters for current and future Rare games. Reporting to the Lead Character Artist, you will contribute on matters relating to character art, and help to drive the quality of the project forward. If your portfolio is packed with amazing characters, then they want to hear from you!
This is a one-of-a-kind game studio where they create the kind of games the world doesn't have. Working there offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide.
The studio embraces a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for their developers. Their custom-built studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for them to grow.
As a Character Artist, you will…
- Create character art content to the level of quality and timings, as directed
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Make balanced and rational decisions on the production of assets
- Report progress and flag risks and issues
- Assist with quality control over outsourced artwork
For this role, you will need…
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates variety of character art pieces, including both stylised and realistic designs
- Full understanding of character creation process – Modelling/ Sculpting/ Texturing/ Material setup/ Editor integration
- Experience using industry-standard content-creation software (Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter etc.)
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Strong eye for quality
- Technical skills a plus
- Experience in giving feedback to outsourcers a plus
Bonus points if you have…
- Excellent artistic ability
- Intuitive communication skills
- Well-organised and proactive work ethic
- Ability to take and interpret direction and criticism as well as constructively critique the work of others
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!