Character Animator (Remote Options)
Absolutely Games – Guildford, UK
Absolutely Games are growing their exciting new strategy games studio and are looking for a Character Animator for a new premium tactics game which is currently being developed.
The game has incredible prospects and will build to be a pillar franchise with its world renowned publisher. They believe strongly in culture and values and already have a wonderful team that the successful candidate will join.
Working closely with the development team to deliver the best possible game experience, breathing life into characters, you will be both working with motion capture data and keyframe animating, while further developing the animation pipeline alongside the programming team. You will also be pushing what will provide the best player experience and best visuals via animation.
As a Character Animator, you will…
- Liaise with the Lead Artist, Senior Producer and Lead Designer and code team to understand the animation work required
- Independently play and review the game to find and improve on animations
- Prepare for and take part in direction of motion capture sessions
- Rig and skin characters using the animation pipeline
- Keyframe animations where required
- Retarget animations on to Unity compatible rig
- Develop and improve the animation pipeline
- Work on in-game, UI and cut-scene animations
- Build your role as the company grows with a view to future projects
- Play and feedback on the full game with the rest of the team
For this role, you will need…
- A proven track record of previous contributions to successful titles, including several games made with Unity
- Good technical knowledge of Unity's art pipeline including animation controllers and blend transitions
- Strong knowledge of Maya/Max/Motionbuilder
- Ability to define good working practices and pipelines
- The proficiency rig, skin and animate characters
- Proven ability to work with motion capture data
- Strong communication skills with other disciplines, include code and design
- Ability to optimise existing art, both internal and from third party sources
- Experience of shipping games on console
- A good artistic eye for quality and attention to detail
- Strong sense of how gameplay and animation relate to one another
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Margaret at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org