C++ Systems Programmer
Splash Damage – Kent, UK
You could soon be a part of Splash Damage, helping to create lifelong friendships for players and employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners.
Splash Damage have recently celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics, will you be a part of their next exciting title?
They're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs, not to mention a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. What's not to love?
As their new Systems Programmer, you will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality. You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking, and low-level systems programming.
With a constant focus on scalability, performance, and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures, building state-of-the-art technology for both PC and consoles. You will work effectively in close collaboration with other disciplines to gather requirements and collectively develop solutions.
- Work effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Employ a can-do attitude with an analytical mindset to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly-focused team
- Write clear, maintainable, and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
- Monitor, maintain, and optimise the performance of the game
The skills and XP you'll need:
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Computer science and maths background
- Professional experience in systems development for a shipped game on PS4 and/or Xbox One (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc)
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience
- A history of developing games-as-a-service titles
- Experience with automated testing techniques
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777