Business Development Manager
Games Jobs Direct – Rotherham, UK
Already feeling the January Blues? Here’s a hot new role to warm you up! Games Jobs Direct are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their growing team.
Already the industry leader, they're the largest games industry job board by some distance (but they're not satisfied with that)! They know there’s huge potential for growth, and the business is only at the beginning of its journey. With their ambitious plans for global expansion, including adding additional localised language sites, investing in marketing, tech and people, this will be an exciting period of growth for the business.
Their aims are simple – they want to be:
- The place where games industry hiring managers spend a chunk of their recruitment advertising budget
- The site that games industry professionals visit when looking for their next career move
If you’re passionate about gaming, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! You’ll take the lead developing and executing the Business Development strategy for Games Jobs Direct, where you’ll work with companies like Playground Games (Forza), Zynga (Words with Friends), Cloud Imperium (Star Citizen), Creative Assembly (Total War), SEGA (Football Manager)…and the list goes on! Sounds exciting, yes?
You’ll need a grasp of how to maximise sales activity through a variety of BD methods, and you’ll be a whizz with CRM systems. Already worked with Hubspot or Salesforce? Fantastic! GJD already has an abundance of leads and now we need YOU to transform these into key accounts across the UK, EU, and the rest of the world. You should have excellent communication skills, be well organised, and have a mature outlook. You’ll use your commercial awareness to spot business opportunities and maximise sales activity to help the company realise their growth plans.
Your activity will play a key part of the Games Jobs Direct expansion plan. You’ll become the first point of call for games industry hiring managers across the globe.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience working within media sales, B2B sales, solution-based sales, and recruitment sales – ideally with international BD experience
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with all internal stakeholders, from the management team through to the marketing team
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal input
- Flexible working attitude with an appreciation that this isn’t your usual 9-to-5 role; there will be times extra work is required to meet deadlines/deal with international clients
- Ability to manage multiple accounts whilst developing new business in new territories
- A team player attitude, fostering collaboration across the brand – you’ll have a strong desire to help your colleagues
If this sounds like you, I’d love to hear from you! For an initial chat please contact Kelly Jones on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com