Build Systems and Tools Programmer
Avalanche Studios – Stockholm, SE
Avalanche Studios are looking for an experienced Build Systems and Tools Programmer to join their game engine team. In this role, you will be an integral part in making the game teams as efficient and productive as possible. This is a great opportunity for the person that thrives in a challenging environment with hundreds of people relying on the quality of your work.
Located in Södermalm, in the centre of the Game industry Hub; it's a place inspired by their catalogue of games. Do you have what it takes to join their team?
Developing games at Avalanche Studios involves building and managing large code bases and large amounts of data. The efficiency of the code and asset pipelines can be the differentiating factor between a blockbuster success and a failure. This is where you as the Build Systems & Tools Programmer come in.
On a typical day you will work closely with the game projects to improve the efficiency of designers, artists and programmers. You will continuously analyse the asset creation pipeline and optimise it for user efficiency, compilation time and resource utilisation.
To succeed in this role will require strong programming skills; preferably with some experience working with asset and code build systems. You are a team player with a strong desire to share your knowledge with others. You are also results-oriented and have the ability to quickly absorb new information and transform it into creative solutions.
A great candidate for this role understands that rapid iterations is key to making great games.
They can offer you a challenging, relaxed and stimulating environment where you will work with some of the industry’s brightest minds while constantly applying and deepening your skills.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A passion for making the best games in the world
- A proficiency in Python
- Well-versed in C, C++, Go, Java, or C#
- Expertise with version control systems such as Perforce, SVN and Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillset
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with build systems such as Make, SCons, Waf, Gradle, etc.
- A familiarity developing for both Windows and Linux
- A background managing continuous integration (build + test) environments
- Expertise working with distributed systems
- Understanding of OpenCL and/or CUDA
- A B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.