Backend Network Programmer
Build a Rocket Boy – Budapest, HU
***Full Remote Option***
I’m currently supporting the amazing Build a Rocket Boy in their search for a Backend Network Programmer to work on their project currently under development.
Very little information on this project has been released so far, but it is an open-world AAA project with a unique twist! The project has the backing of some seriously talented and experienced industry veterans, getting on board now gives you the chance to leave your mark on this future classic!
You’ll responsible for implementing backend services for gameplay features. The role will report to either the Lead or Director of the programming team. You should have experience in developing complex, game-related backend services and actively seek to learn more about innovations within the game industry.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Maintain and further develop parts of existing backend services
- Support other teams (code and non-code) to understand and properly use the backend system of the game
- Identify and fix bugs, and debug complex service issues
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks as independently as possible
- Understand thoroughly how the backend systems are designed and connected to each other
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help
- Proactively look for optimizations and how the system could work more efficiently
- Escalate critical issues to higher levels when needed
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Strong C++ and Python programming skills
- Good awareness of micro and monolith services
- Experience with different debugging methods and tools
- Capable of reading and understanding complex source code
- Understanding of database concepts
- Understanding of distributed systems and multithreading concepts
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
They are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. They’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
Interested in this role? Get in touch to find out more about the role, studio or working culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.