CCP London – London, UK
As the new Art Manager for CCP London, you will help to build a pioneering mobile MMO with an engaging and enduring online world. This role offers the unique opportunity of developing a highly anticipated title for one of the most passionate gaming communities.
You will work with and manage the art team in the creation of characters, gear, terrain, and architecture, suiting the game mood, tone, graphical signature, and sense of motion. As the new Art Manager, you will also be responsible for creating and communicating the artistic vision for the game.
Your day-to-day will involve tasks such as:
- Lead, motivate, and inspire a highly creative team of artists
- Work with the Art Director to review art team output
- Build a team to meet the Art Director’s vision
- Work with the Art Director to arrive at appropriate compromises for budget and schedule
- Present best practices to art teams, critiquing asset viability, pipelines, and workflows
- Oversee all external vendors
- Assist in the organisation of packs, documentation, and management of deliverables
- With the Development Manager and Producer, assist in creating a roadmap for development of all art assets, both internal and external
- Communicate and prioritise dependencies
- With the Development Manager, create a budget for your team including projected headcount, vendor expenses, and hardware/software needs
- Organise and manage all art documentation
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Shipped at least one title credited as Art Manager or Lead Artist
- Substantial management experience
- Confident managing external vendors
- Strong experience with AAA character development is preferred
- Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) skills are desirable
- Significant experience with Sci-Fi character assets would be ideal
Interested in learning more about this role or the studio itself?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777