Starbreeze – Stockholm, SE
Starbreeze are now in search of an art director to lead the Payday franchise into its newest evolution. As art director, you will be responsible for representing the established yet evolving brand and delivering fantasy to players in unexpected ways. This role will require you to inspire others, both as a leader and as an artist. To be successful in this position you are an experienced people leader who understands the competencies of your team, what you need to excel and how to inspire great performance.
As a key partner in production execution you’ll serve as a motivational catalyst and conduit of communication for all departments. As an artist and visionary, your concepts, guidance and support will define the look and ensure that all teams are creating a cohesive Payday experience.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing AAA games in an art director role, with a deep understanding of art pipelines and look development, and you will be adept at facilitating cross-team development and collaboration.
The Starbreeze studio is ripe with opportunities and to be successful in this role you'll possess a desire to embrace new challenges and nurture a fun and inspiring environment!
As an art director, your responsibilities will include…
- Creating and championing visual direction, serving as an ambassador for the Payday brand
- Establishing the game's aesthetic, including style, tone and visual language across all facets of the Payday game and universe
- Innovating concepts and other benchmark assets that inspire, and set the bar for production
- Collaborating with functional directors to facilitate and manage alignment between studio, department and project needs
- Compiling and producing reference material which shapes the visual narrative and guides content teams in their execution
- Producing presentations regarding art direction, process, goals and results
- Partnering with studio leadership to help achieve both the short and long-term goals of the studio and ensure teams are healthy and growing artistically
- Driving continuous improvement of studio processes in an effort to attract & retain talent and secure a culture of growth
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An established track record working in art director roles with 8+ years leading and influencing AAA game teams
- A proven capacity to visualise and evolve existing brands, successfully delivering them from concept to execution
- A desire to work closely with game design and tech to ensure the game vision and player experience are realized
- Proficient written, verbal and visual communication skills
- A background or expertise in 3D modelling and sculpting pipelines, with a willingness to teach through doing
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Jasmin at Aardvark Swift.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777