Starbreeze – Stockholm, SE
Starbreeze are on the lookout for an Art Director to lead the next evolution of Payday. As Art Director, you will be responsible for representing the familiar, evolving the brand and delivering the fantasy to players in unexpected ways. This role will require you to inspire others, both as a leader and as an Artist.
As a key partner in production execution, you’ll serve as a motivational catalyst and conduit of communication for all departments . As an Artist and visionary, your concepts, guidance and support will define the look and ensure that all teams are creating a cohesive Payday experience.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing AAA games in an Art Director role, with a deep understanding of art pipelines and look development, and you will be adept at facilitating cross-team development and collaboration.
The team is ripe with opportunities to take on and this candidate must possess a desire to embrace new challenges and nurture a fun and inspiring environment!
Your role and responsibilities…
- Creating and championing visual direction, serving as an ambassador for the Payday brand
- Setting the creative vision, including style, tone and visual language across all facets of the Payday game and universe
- Developing concepts and other benchmark assets that inspire, and set the bar for production
- Collaboration with functional directors to facilitate and manage alignment between studio, department and project needs
- Compiling and producing reference material which shapes the visual narrative and guides content teams in it’s execution
- Making presentations regarding art direction, process, goals and results
- Partnering with Studio leadership to help achieve both the short and long-term goals of the Studio and ensure team’s are healthy and growing artistically
- Driving continuous improvement of studio processes in an effort to attract & retain talent and secure a culture of growth.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A profound track record working as an Art Director, ideally with 8+ years leading and influencing AAA game teams;
- Proven capacity to visualise and evolve existing brands, and successfully delivering them from concept to execution
- A desire to work closely with game design and tech to ensure the game vision and player experience are realized;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
Want to learn more about this studio and this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777