Art Director – Montreal, Canada
Bring your Art Director skills on a move to marvellous Montreal! You'll be joining the leading creator of mobile games, working on titles that pull in a monthly audience of 113 million international players.
You'll be supervising the artistic production for a AAA photorealistic project, acting as the primarily link between the art team, project manager, creative director and studio art director on a brand-new 3D title for high end mobile.
There will be plenty to do in your down time too though, so don't worry about that! From rocking up at the Centre Bell Arena to watch the Montreal Canadiens (or 'The Habs' to the locals) to relaxing with the drumming beats of Tam Tams in Mount Royal Park, there will never be a dull moment in your new city.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Defining the game’s art style, in line with the initial art direction
- Conveying expectations to the graphics team
- Developing high standards of quality
- Supervising & approving work completed by the graphics team
- Guide the development & maintenance of artistic tasks
- Provide guidance & advice to the team
- Managing freelancers and outside studios
- Ensure the artistic framework, schedule & budget are all abided by
- 5+ years as an art director, senior concept artist, or lead artist on AAA console/PC projects (games published on mobile platforms are an asset)
- Excellent artistic & technical skill sets
- Expertise with 2D/3D next-gen production tools (knowledge of rendering engines and of compositing is an asset)
- Technical expertise with the main graphics engines (knowledge of iOS platforms is an asset)
- Able to adapt to different management/data-monitoring systems (TortoiseSVN, Perforce, etc.)
Skills and Profile
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility regarding backgrounds, characters and UI elements
- Excellent knowledge of the principles behind anatomy and design
- Positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams
- Excellent knowledge of game development & the realities of production from technical and conceptual standpoints
- Critical with a keen sense of observation
Sound like the role for you? Get in touch!
+44 (0)1709 834 777