Art Director (Hybrid Options)
Stellar Entertainment – Guildford, UK
Stellar Entertainment is looking for an experienced and exceptionally talented Art Director to join our rapidly growing team of industry veterans and future industry leaders, helping us create high impact, exciting games.
As Stellar Entertainment's Art Director, you'll take the mantle of artistic visionary for their games. You'll craft exciting and inspirational canvases and lead, motivate and mentor art teams to deliver beautiful and immersive environments for players to engage with. You'll deliver the highest quality visuals through a thorough understanding of the tools and workflows needed to create something amazing, and collaborate with talent across all disciplines to deliver stellar game experiences.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining, owning, articulating and championing the aesthetic vision for the project and ensure that quality expectations are aligned throughout the studio development team
- Collaboration within the project’s leadership team to ensure that the game’s visuals serve the overall project’s goals whilst complying with technical constraints
- Gathering reference material, working to create style guides, mood boards and other documentation to support the visual direction.
- Communicating the art vision, internally and externally, selling the vision to get the team excited and bought in at all levels.
- Working with Art Leads, establishing best practices to ensure the best techniques and tools are used to deliver high quality art on projects.
- Collaborating with the Code, Design, Audio and Art teams to identify and help implement new ideas and art features that can push the games to their fullest extent in all areas
- Co-ordinating with Marketing to provide assets that best represent the games
- Liaison with the Art Leads to ensure their teams create high quality content in keeping with the project's visual direction
- Expanding out the art team through recruiting and external development partners
- Reviewing the project Art Team’s output, giving actionable constructive feedback
- Managing, coaching and developing the Art team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals
- Developing great working relationships and maintaining a healthy, creative team culture
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Shipped several, high quality console game releases in the role of Art Director.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and professional experience in 3D and/or 2D asset creation.
- Have a creative eye and aesthetic judgement to help drive and critique visual quality.
- A track record developing new IP
- A comprehensive understanding of the tools and workflow required to create something amazing and the ability to communicate this to all technical and art disciplines in order to action them.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- History of developing people and skills within a team
- The ability to solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning
- Deep knowledge of various video game Art sub-disciplines
- Solid comprehension of PBR workflows and their effect on final image quality
- Proficiency with industry standard 3D modelling tools and painting/illustration software
- Worked with industry standard asset management and tracking software such as Perforce, Jira and Shotgun
Interested in this role? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jasmin Ali on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org