Animation Technical Director
Ubisoft – Paris, FR
A games studio with a 35-year-old heritage, known for technical innovation, immersive worlds, and driving technology forward. This studio has collaborated with creative teams from around the world, contributing to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed games of the last two decades!
In your new role as a Technical Director of Animation, you will help to build an effective team and will ensure they are fully resourced. You'll plan, prioritise, and set inspiring objectives for your team members, empowering them with clear expectations and holding them accountable for their key results.
You'll provide your team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development, ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both large and small.
As a Technical Director of Animation, your responsibility will be to ensure that animators provide efficient and reliable deliverables. You will also be in charge of scripting/coding pipeline improvements and updates. In this role, you will work closely with the animation and projects supervisors.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Identifying the pipeline and workflow needs to meet the demands of the project's quality and deadline
- Developing and coding dynamic user interfaces within Motion Builder
- Ensuring project wide consistency as directed by the project supervisors
- Working with the tools group to develop and maintain an existing animation pipeline
- Leading direct development support for animators and character artists as well as troubleshooting and general problem-solving
- Testing and validating tools and techniques in production
- Updating documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years as Technical Director of Animation (integration of game animation system is a must)
- Leadership experience would be an asset
- 2-3 console games produced
- Advanced knowledge of Motion Builder
- Experience of developing tools for Motion Builder and other platforms
- Proficient in advanced Python scripting (being able to add tools using Motion Builder API)
- Ability to work confidently as part of a team
- Experience in C++/C# would be a bonus
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777