Senior Gameplay Programmer (Remote Options)
Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
Firesprite are searching for an Animation Programmer to work on a ground-breaking, next generation, PvP shooter project with a Games-as-a-Service focus! This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage of development – you'll be joining at the earliest stages of a multi-year project and helping to shape an incredible new game experience.
The project is a looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
Founded by industry veterans committed to building world-class games and based in a fantastic location – this is the perfect opportunity for a talented programmer to join the team!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Prototyping, implementing, iterating and polishing industry-leading character animation and locomotion
- Being a point of contact for TA, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain
- Taking full ownership of one or multiple game systems
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Comprehensive knowledge and background in programming in C++
- An in-depth grasp of Unreal Engine Animation Graph, custom animation nodes, behaviour trees
- Expertise in debugging, profiling and optimising CPU performance of large real-time oriented systems
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra
- Previous professional development as an Animation Programmer on at least one shipped PC or Console title
- A passion for character animation!
- An intuition for, and interest in ‘game feel’
Just some of the benefits of working with Firesprite include…
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.