Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft are on the lookout for an Animation Director to join their Toronto team! Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Ubisoft offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
As the Animation Director at Ubisoft, you will be responsible for the gameplay animation content for an entire project. This role will also ensure the visual elements are credible and aligned with the overall game vision to maximize the player’s experience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Establishing the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction
- Develop visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine
- Communicating expectations of the artistic vision to the team
- Ensure that quality objectives are met and that elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team on project direction
- Effective planning to find a a balance between the desired quality and constraints such as time, cost, resources etc
- Directing the actors during mocap sessions to follow the artistic vision to optimise the production of the animators
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years of professional development in video game animation
- Credits on at least one shipped AAA games
- An established leadership skillset
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to express ideas
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision
- Attention to detail
- Good artistic judgment
- Autonomy and ethics in proactive work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
The is a full time, permanent role based from the Ubisoft Toronto office. Ubisoft offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
If you’re interested in applying, or would like further details, get in touch with Margaret at Aardvark Swift!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.