Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft are on the lookout for an Animation Director to join their Toronto team! Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Ubisoft offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
As the Animation Director at UbiTO, you will be responsible for the gameplay animation content for an entire project. This role will also ensure the visual elements are credible and aligned with the overall game vision to maximize the player’s experience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Establishing the artistic charter for the entire game, based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine
- Communicating expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents describing the artistic direction
- Validating the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter by making the vision accessible and ensuring that it is well understood
- Ensuring the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the Project Manager, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team
- Helping plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on their team to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.)
- Directing the actors during mocap sessions to follow the artistic vision to optimise the production of the animators
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training or experience
- 5+ years of professional development in video game animation;
- Credits on at least one shipped AAA games
- An established leadership skillset
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to express ideas
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision
- Attention to detail
- Good artistic judgment
- Autonomy and ethics in proactive work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
The is a full time, permanent role based from the Ubisoft Toronto office. Ubisoft offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
If you’re interested in applying, or would like further details, get in touch with Jasmin at Aardvark Swift!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +441709 834777.