Liquid Swords – Stockholm, SE
As Animation Director at Liquid Swords, it will be your mission to establish the AAA quality bar and ensure that all characters and movement meet said bar.
The Animation Director is the first hire within the Animation Department, which means that you will BE everything animation at the studio and set up the department as you see fit without any existing legacy. The vision for animation at Liquid Swords is yours to drive and inspire the entire team.
You'll build and grow a team of highly skilled and creative animators from the ground up – ensuring they are given the proper guidance and feedback to meet the quality bar you've defined. The game Liquid Swords are making is a contemporary, single-player action-RPG focused on characters, narrative, and spectacular action.
They are a studio with a strong focus on quality and their collective effort on delivering the right set of quality standards is key for them. Joining the team now means that you will be a part of creating video games history, heavily influencing the early concept and development of our innovative next-generation, action packed, open-world experience.
This is a full-time position based out of Liquid Swords legendary HQ in Nacka, Sweden (10 minutes from the city of Stockholm) in a no-nonsense studio built of concrete and metal. Liquid Swords follow all governments recommendations regarding Covid-19 pandemic and will ensure a safe work environment if you choose to work at the office or from home.
Liquid Swords can also offer Visa and Location Support for the right candidate!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working closely with the Game Director to define, own, and champion the vision for animation
- Collaborating with the Design, Art, Narrative, and Technical Directors to set the standard and drive consistent quality and tone across all game content
- Empowering designers and artists to understand your vision for gameplay, world, and narrative animation; bringing those elements to life
- Defining the standard for animation at every development stage, from concept to shipment
- Building out, managing and inspiring the studio's animation teams
- Creatively collaborating on how the Player Character's journey and progression from an animation perspective is expressed
Interested? Want to know more?
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777