IO Interactive – Copenhagen, DK
***Choice of studio available – Copenhagen, DK / Malmö, SE***
Would you like to work as an AI Programmer for the independent AAA studio, IO Interactive, behind the famed HITMAN franchise and winner of the Best Technology Award at Nordic Game 2019?
You will be joining the AI team to work on Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI. Featuring a completely fresh narrative, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite secret agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin-story.
You will be part of the team implementing cutting-edge AI tech. Few AAA companies rely on their own AI technology, but IO Interactive have created a brand-new AI framework ready to be implemented across multiple projects.
Your responsibilities in this role will include…
- Collaborating closely with game designers, level designers, and animation programmers, with an equal priority on creating the foundations of the game, and designing an exciting and engaging AAA experience
- Participating in the design and implementation of a new AI system
- Developing additional features and bug-fixes for AI running in the current AI system
- Engaging with core gameplay and animation programmers as part of both the AI and gameplay team
The skills and experience you'll need for this role…
- Solid demonstrable experience with AI programming games, preferably AAA titles
- A proficiency in C++
- A comprehension of AI behaviour implementation
- A capability for navigating effortlessly between back-end and player facing front-end
- An aptitude for mathematics.
- A firm grasp of programming best-practices.
- Established written and verbal communication skills in English.
- An authentic passion for video games
Bonus points if you have…
- A proven track record with the inclusion of 3rd person action games
- A specialisation in console programming
- A familiarity with agile methodologies
Some of the benefits of working with IO Interactive include…
- Relocation support, paid temporary accommodation, flights, and visas for you and your family to either Copenhagen or Malmo
- Pension scheme
- Free private healthcare
- 6 weeks annual vacation (in addition to national holidays)
- Work flexibility
Founded more than 20 years ago, with offices in both Copenhagen and Malmö, IO Interactive is famed for the creation of several AAA games including Hitman, Kane & Lynch, Freedom Fighters, and their latest title, Project 007.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift.
Email email@example.com or +44 (0)1709 834777.