Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft Toronto are on the lookout for a 3D Programmer! Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Ubisoft offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
When you’re a 3D Programmer at Ubisoft Toronto, you connect with their players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail, and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good-looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills, and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Programming code customized to the hardware you are working with
- Exploring new hardware and dealing with the interesting new challenges it poses
- Liaison with artists to assess their needs and vision
- Reviewing code to improve its performance in search of that vital extra millisecond
- Reading the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional development in general programming, ideally in the video game industry, with at least 3 years in graphics programming (having shipped a video game is an asset)
- Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
- Expertise with HLSL, DirectX
- A background in 3D programming for Xbox One, PS4 and/or PC (DX11+/OpenGL 4.3+)
- An understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Comprehensive knowledge and background in real-time Physically Based Rendering (lighting, BRDF’s, camera model, etc.)
- A familiarity of rendering techniques used in modern AAA video-game productions
- A track record developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles, particularly XB1/PS4 specific shader optimizations
- Expertise in using Mathematica to solve and optimise rendering algorithms
- Understanding and experience of Monte-Carlo path tracing techniques
- Drive and knowledge of how to push the real-time rendering quality in video-games
- Ability to technically analyse images and propose quality improvements that fall in line with PBR
- A proficiency for communicating with all disciplines, and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals and performance
- Creative and thirsty for innovation
Just some of the benefits of working with Ubisoft include…
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.