Virtex VR – London, UK
***Remote working available***
London-based Virtex VR are searching for a new environment artist to collaborate closely with their highly experienced lead environment artist from concept art pieces and reimagining them into 3D environments.
If you are tired of feeling like just another cog in the machine, have a wealth of programming knowledge, and want to be part of an environment where you can fully make use of your expertise and implement your ideas – then this could be the role for you.
In this role, you will help construct a next-generation VR platform, take full ownership of core parts of the production development, and become an integral part of the management team.
As a 3D environment artist, your responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with the project leads to ensure a consistent art vision across the game, while also maintaining clean, efficient geometry for maximum performance in Unreal Engine
- Modelling, texturing, and lighting game-ready 3D assets using provided concept art or inspirational reference material
- Engaging with a cross-functional team to solve creative and design problems in VR
- The skills and experience you'll need in this role…
- An expertise in creating architectural environments for video games
- A proficiency in Substance Painter
- A portfolio demonstrating 3D environments
Bonus points if you have any of the following…
- A specialisation in Unreal Engine
- An interest in eSports and VR
Founded in 2016, this start-up company has begun laying the foundations of a next-generation VR platform for eSports and live event viewing. They have attracted substantial interest and secured yet another round of funding, securing their exciting future.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Dan at Aardvark Swift.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777