We're working with one of the UK's most prominent games companies to build up their new Brighton studio, which has already established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK, pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
We're now helping them to find a lead programmer, to work with them on an original IP, a first-person action adventure, for multiple platforms, including next-gen consoles. Up to the challenge?
If you’ve got top notch C++ skills, experience at a senior level of development in Unreal Engine 4, and a passion turning complex code challenges into elegant gameplay experience then this is the role for you!
Within this role you will:
- Work with the code team and production to achieve the highest possible quality product
- Assist with planning and direction of the work of the code team
- Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers' specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Maintain stability of development environment for the entire development team
We need you to have:
- Proficiency in C/C++, minimum of 5 years' experience
- At least 2 of which using Unreal Engine 4
- 4 years' experience working in the game industry required
- Experience in PC and/or console programming
- Practical experience with 3D math
- Worked on at least 2 shipped games
- Experience with asset pipelines dealing with large scale data sets
- Experience working on at least one large scale game project
You are made to feel part of the family, they offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Their new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight – staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development for the studio!
Interested? Get in touch! – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the number +44 (0)1709 834777.