Founded in 1992, our client is one of Europe's leading independent game developers and comic book publishers. They're currently looking for a Visual Effects Artist who is passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects.
This role will initially be a 12 month full-time employed contract role based in-house at their Oxford head-studio. For the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements, working to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Ensure special effects meet technical compliance and schedule needs, working with other members of the VFX and Art teams to ensure that tasks are completed on time to their best possible standard
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, being responsive to deadlines and working well under pressure, multi-tasking to meet various production objectives for multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment
- Expert Adobe Photoshop ability with fluent knowledge of 3d Studio Max and/or Maya
- Expert-level of understanding for particle systems and post processing effects, with excellent understanding and implementation skills of in-game special effects
- 3D modelling and 2D particle texture creation skills
- Understanding of lighting, HDR, PBR, material setup an advantage, as well as any traditional art skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- They are ideally looking for someone with game industry experience on a published title as a VFX Artist, and would prefer experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end. However for this role they will also be considering exceptionally talented junior or graduate applicants.
For more information about this role contact Sol Argueso at email@example.com or give us a call on 01709 834777.