Our client have worked on a number of recent, big films and are now looking for a VFX Supervisor. You will identify potential strategies, assess technical options and evaluate production schedules. You will participate as a leader and have a hands-on contribution through all stages of Pre and Post Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas of R&D required for the show.
- Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the team.
- Work with Production to evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable.
- Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis.
- Attend dailies sessions with the team to give feedback/approvals.
- Meet with the Leads on the show on a regular basis to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve such issues.
- A minimum of 4 years of CG leadership experience using Maya and Renderman on live-action commercial or feature film productions.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- An experienced and honed creative eye.
- Knowledge of the entire production process, including stage shooting is preferred.
- Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage people and projects.
- Ability to understand client approval process.
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style.